What do all those letters mean?

Ep. 25 Alphabet Soup of Lactation Consulting… IBCLC, CLE, CLC, CBE??!πŸŒͺ🀯πŸ’₯


πŸ‘‰ Attention new mamas! Are you feeling overwhelmed by the seemingly endless “alphabet soup” of letters behind lactation professionals’ names?

Do you need some help deciphering the difference between a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC), Certified Lactation Educator (CLE), Certified Breastfeeding Specialist (CBS) and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)? 

If so you’re in luck because on today’s episode, we’re breaking down the different types of lactation certifications and revealing why finding the right support can make or break your breastfeeding journey. Join Naiomi as she breaks down what all these letters mean, where to start finding help in your breastfeeding journey and what qualifications to look for when finding the right support for your specific needs.

Listen in to help demystify all things lactation consulting and make an informed decision moving forward!


πŸ‘‰ TLDR: There are many different types of lactation support workers, the most important thing to look for is someone who has the qualifications and experience to fit your specific needs and challenges! 

Listen Now

Mentioned in Episode:

IBCLC’s, the Critical Difference  https://uslca.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/IBCLCs_Make_the_Difference.pdf 

Follow Milk Diva:
IG: https://www.instagram.com/milk_diva
FB: https://www.facebook.com/MilkDivaAustin/