Alphabet Soup of Lactation Consulting… IBCLC, CLE, CLC, CBE??!

Attention new mamas! Are you feeling overwhelmed by the seemingly endless “alphabet soup” of letters behind lactation professionals’ names?

Listen Now 

Do you need some help deciphering the difference between a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC), Certified Lactation Educator (CLE), Certified Breastfeeding Specialist (CBS) and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)?

If so you’re in luck because on today’s episode, we’re breaking down the different types of lactation certifications and revealing why finding the right support can make or break your breastfeeding journey. Join Naiomi as she breaks down what all these letters mean, where to start finding help in your breastfeeding journey and what qualifications to look for when finding the right support for your specific needs.

👉 Listen in as Naiomi breaks down the different types of help that are available to you.
👉 It’s important to know that not everything is covered in certification courses and that specialized training and experience are an important part of the puzzle when you’re looking for the right practitioner.
👉 The right choice will be different for everyone and will depend on how complex your breastfeeding issue is.
Listen in to help demystify all things lactation consulting and make an informed decision moving forward!
👉 TLDR: There are many different types of lactation support workers, the most important thing to look for is someone who has the qualifications and experience to fit your specific needs and challenges!

4:03 Why is it important to seek help from a more specialized trained consultant?
6:42 What is IBCLC?
7:35 How to become an IBCLC candidate?
10:23 How to become a CLC candidate?
13:20 What does LEC or LE stand for?
14:47 What does CBC stand for?
16:16 What does a peer counselor do?
20:04 Does having all the initials, mean they have more experience?

Listen Now 


Mentioned in this episode:

Follow Milk Diva:
IBCLC’s, the Critical Difference